Aug 8, 2011
Serve with Buller Wines Beverford Moscato
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1 large bunch of ripe Rhubarb (1.5 kg.)
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
1 orange zested to yield 1 dessertspoon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 125g plain flour
- 140g unsalted butter cut into cubes and chilled
- 80g dark brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Remove the leaves from the rhubarb and trim any brown parts off the stalks. Wash the stalks, stringing only if necessary, and cut into 4 cm to 5 cm pieces.
- Spread the rhubarb out onto a flat baking tray on baking paper. Sprinkle with castor sugar and bake until tender (about 15 minutes).
- To make the crumble, mix all ingredients by hand rubbing the butter into the flour with fingertips.
- In a buttered soufflé mould (or 4 individual ramekins) place cooked rhubarb in the base, sprinkle with crumble mixture and bake 15-20 minutes (or up to 25 minutes) until golden.
Serve with rich cream and Buller Wines Beverford Moscato